Sunday, May 16, 2010

Checking In!

Hello readers,
Once again I realize it's been a while since my last post, but I have been getting ready for a gigantor presentation this week for work and it's taken up all of my cooking time. BUT today I wanted to check in with you and share one of my favorite appetizer recipes that I actually copped from one of my properties in Florida: The West Bay Beach & Golf Club. While the community has an amazing array of Clubs and restaurants on property, we also have a private beach house out on Little Hickory Island that has a really great restaurant. Of all the fresh seafood items on the menu, this is my hands-down favorite. It's surprisingly easy to make and will knock the socks off of all your guests!

Crab Martini

2 whole avocado
1 Roma tomato
6 oz Jumbo Lump Crab (you can buy this canned at Trader Joe's if you can't find super fresh)
salt & pepper
2 t olive oil
2 t fresh lemon juice

Mix diced avocado, diced tomato and crab in a bowl. Add lemon juice and olive oil. Mix well and add salt and pepper to taste. Divide evenly among four martini glasses and garnish with a lemon wedge.

Voila! Instant Iron Chef!

No comments:

Post a Comment