Sunday, July 11, 2010

Post-Wedding Pasta

For the last month or so, I've been very focused on my other hobby -- jewelry making -- for a very good reason...my "girl" Danielle was getting married and I was asked to make her necklace and earrings as well as those for the maid of honor. Danielle is the oldest daughter of my best friend of 30 years, so I am a de facto auntie and was so honored to make this special gift! Tonight, when I arrived home, nuptials behind us as of yesterday, there were two things I knew for sure: 1) I was HUNGRY; 2) I was exhausted.

This meant that I needed something super fast, easy and nourishing that I could whip up for dinner. Something warm, filling and comforting. And something that would replenish my energy stores. The perfect solution? Pasta!


Pasta Sinatra


1/2 lb. linguine
3 small zucchini, sliced
1/3 cup fresh chopped basil
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Red pepper flakes, to taste
1/4 cup of fresh, grated Parmesan
Fresh ground pepper, to taste

Prepare pasta according to package directions. While pasta is cooking, clean, cut and slice zucchini. Steam zucchini until tender. Once steamed to taste, drain water and set aside. Drain cooked pasta thoroughly. Return pasta to empty pot, add zucchini, basil olive oil and red pepper. Toss thoroughly. Divide evenly among four pasta bowls or plates. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and top with fresh ground pepper to taste. Serve immediately while warm.

Give it whirl. Crank the heat up or down with red pepper. Mangia!
Until next time
Suz

3 comments:

  1. Finally!!! :) This looks delightful. Thanks for the new treat to try...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rachel! I adjusted the olive oil a bit, there was a little too much in this recipe. Adjust to your own taste, though. It's a quick, simple and tasy meal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds yummy! And omg, Danielle got married? Sister, we are officially as old as the hills.

    ReplyDelete